Delegates that attend a specific Asbestos Awareness training session tailored to the practical needs of the
GAIN AN UNDERSTANDING OF:
• What is Asbestos?
• The three main types of Asbestos
• Health & Safety legislation
• The Control of Asbestos Regs. 2012
• Uses of Asbestos
• Where Asbestos is likely to be found
• Emergency procedures
• How the adverse effects are increased for smokers
• Importance of Risk Assessments
• Hierarchy of controls (ESEIP)
• Who is at risk and avoiding risk?
• Latency Period (Hidden Killer)
• PPE and RPE
Certification for this course is valid for 1 year. To remain certified in this area, you will need to retake the course
before the expiry date.